Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

2.13.2013

New Stages of Life/New Thoughts

My two youngest girls have moved on out of the "cutesie" stage of preschool.  They've lost teeth; they wear weird clothes and do strange things.  They all have unique personalities, which, of course, got my thoughts moving.  When Eva and Joy were very young, I didn't think much about their parents.  As I see all three of them blossom, I think about their parents every single day and wonder.


Who was the reader?  Her birth mom or dad?  Did they ever sit for hours reading a pile of books from a library like she does?


Would her birth mom love adventure stories and dislike Little House on the Prairie?  Is she artistic?  Does she have beautiful handwriting?


Did they have a pet?  Was her birth dad the adventurer? Did he hate wasting his time bathing because "he would get dirty tomorrow?"  Wear the same clothes five days in a row?  Did both her parents have straight teeth?


Was her mother beautiful?  Was she happy?  Was life an adventure to her?  If so, Eva is just like her.
Who had the long fingers?  How about the tiny hands?


Could she sit for hours on her own mother's lap, enjoying the security of being wrapped in loving arms?


Which parent had the "not a care in the world" attitude?   Which one could spend an hour playing with a thread hanging from their shirt?  Who was the ragamuffin, always a mess?


Did any of their birth parents think that as they lay their child down at the orphanage gates, that their little girls would live on the other side of the world as sisters?



7 kind words:

Vicky

Such precious girls! I know you must be proud to be their American Mom! I love that you allow your children the freedom to be themselves.

I too think of the girls China Moms and wonder at how their heart must grieve for their daughters.

Sarah

Such beautiful reflections.

Judi

Your post summed up so many of our thoughts! But how precious it is that we get to be their moms and see all these wonderful things! We are so blessed by these precious girls!

a future and a hope

Love your post, Cheri. I've wondered the same thing at times........my two boys are so different in personality and I wonder who they got their unique traits from. Your girls are so lovely! Ivy's lip looks wonderful!

Amy

Beautiful girls. I ponder the same things often. When it comes time to cut toe nails it is so clear that my boys have their dad's toes. I always wonder who's toes my sweet girl has her moms or dads???? My biggest wish is that her china parents know just how much she is loved.

Learning Together at Home

I think these things every single day too. Takes my breath away sometimes at the enormity and the simplicity of it all.

Kristine

Beautiful post, beautiful pics of the girls. Y'all are such a beautiful family!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP