Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Family

Family
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

2.04.2012

My Diet Update

Some of you have asked about my Juicing diet.  So, I've been juicing for a month now.  I think it has gone pretty well.  My biggest lesson learned?  I really don't need to eat so much food.  I eat a light breakfast of toast, fruit (usually blueberries), tea/coffee at around 8:30 a.m.  Then around 10:30 I have my morning juice, which usually has another fruit in it.  I'll have a little lunch around 12:30 p.m., with another juice at 2:30 or 3:30 p.m.  Dinner around 5:30/6:00 p.m. usually consists of a salad with some protein.  So, it is not a lot of food, and I never eat after dinner. But, I have to say that I feel great!  All the aches and pains I had before juicing (primarily in my lower back and hips/legs) are no longer present.  I also have absolutely no indigestion or heartburn issues at all.  Those issues were resolved once I stopped eating wheat/gluten products.

Looking back in pictures, I can see a very big difference in my appearance.  This pictures was taken in 2010, shortly after arriving home with Ivy.  I looked puffy.  But, it was also before I knew about the wheat/gluten problem, which caused me to retain fluid.


Now, I eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables and some raw nuts and lean protein.  It consists of celery, kale, cucumbers, apples, lemons, carrots, cabbage every single day.  I feel better and sleep better.  I'm fitting into clothes that I've not worn in quite a few years.  Since this picture, I've lost a bit of weight, too.  That is always a plus!


(photographs compliments of Eva)

Who knew that a change in diet could have such a big impact on how I felt?  I've always heard it, but never realized it until I actually made the change.

8 kind words:

Sarah

You look wonderful! I'm so glad that the juicing is working for you.

Love for Lilly Yin

Awesome! I need to do that too....you mentioned you were eating toast for breakfast. What brand of bread are you using for GF?
Are you following a plan?

Eva

So glad to hear you feel great, and you look great too!

Naomi

I just knew you looked like you lost weight in pictures you posted not long ago about your hair cut. I almost commented but didn't. Well now I shall because you do look great! It is amazing how much our food effects us! I am a huge believer in eating right, (although we do have desserts) but many cakes I make are gluten free and only made with fruit sugar. Kids can't tell a difference! You keep it up and share any great recipes with the rest of us!!

Martha @ Berrybliz

congratulations...lookin' good.

Anonymous

Looking GREAT! Dan recently went out and purchased one of these juicers too, without knowing about your experience. We could use some recipes that taste good...amounts I mean. We had about every veggie blended with a whole lemon and apple and all we tasted was lemon/celery and it was gross! Please pass on some of your favorites...Dan wants to start tomorrow!!! Good for you, Cheri! I'm happy for you!!!
~Becky

Our Faith Walk

Keep up the great work, Cheri. I'm so happy that you're feeling better!!!

O.T. Can I just say, "WOW!!! To Ivy's hair!!! It's so L-O-N-G!!!"

Football and Fried Rice

You're loving it?! You look great! My mom gave me a juicer - I really need to break it out!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP