Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

1.12.2012

New Diet, New Friend

So, I've been feeling a little blah lately.  My body had aches and pains all over.  My legs and back would ache when I went to bed at night.  I started feeling my age, maybe even older.  My diet was not great.  I enjoyed chocolate way too much.  Wheat/gluten caused rashes on my hands, legs, and arms.  Although I had the gluten thing under control, sometimes I slipped with a few Christmas cookies.  Then my arms itched.

I know a few people who do the juicing thing.  They all look and seem healthy and happy.  Two people I know use it as part of their cancer treatment.  Obviously, raw fruits and vegetables are very healthy, with many nutrients.  So, I started reading more about it.  With 40+ years under my belt, I'm a skeptic of many things.  Juicing was one of them.  I considered it just another fad making its rounds.  I caved and bought my first juicer, the Breville Juice Fountain, my new friend.


I like it.  It is very easy to use and clean.  So, I have been juicing 2 times a day.  I usually eat a breakfast of gluten free peanut butter toast and fruit.  Around 10 a.m. I have my first juice of the day.


So, this was my treat:  apple, ginger, peeled lemon, carrots, kale, and celery.  You may be thinking it sounds terrible, but the lemon and ginger really make this taste great.


There is such a variety of veggies you can throw in the juicer.  The difficult part is probably keeping them on hand.  Mike and I have enjoyed the one with beets.  I would never enjoy beets before.  Now I love them in this juicer.

So, you may ask how I'm feeling?  Well, I've not gone to bed with an ice or heat pack for about 4 days now.  I don't ache like before, I have more energy, I sleep better.  And one strange side effect is on my face.  It actually looks healthier.  I don't have pics to prove that one, but my skin just looks better.  Oh, and it doesn't hurt that I've lost a few pounds doing this.  I don't crave the junk that I used to crave, and I am actually always content with no hunger pains.  I sound like a commercial, don't I?  FYI, Breville did not pay me to write up this post.

Skeptic no more?

5 kind words:

Sarah

Wow! I think that you might have me convinced! Sounds wonderful.

Vicky

That is fantastic!

withgratefulhearts

Sounds like something I should do!!
Cherie

Unknown

Wow. Good for you!

withgratefulhearts

You know..the more I think about it...the more I want an update on how the "juicing" is going :) (this forty something mom is interested too)
Cherie

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP