Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.22.2011

Playing Favorites

Yes, I have favorites.  I have a favorite bunch of kids.  This bunch.  The imperfect bunch.


Sometimes the easier kids make themselves easier to love.  The example of that is Ivy.  Another current example would be Jordan (but not 5 years ago).  If easy was a reason to love, then Seth and Joy would be extremely disliked in our household.  I assure you that is not the case.  Jack and Eva run a pretty even "normal", although you'd never know it from their expressions in this picture.  Clearly there is some unhappiness happening with those two.

Favorites.  I cannot imagine favoring any one of my children.  Jordan, Seth, and Jack are not any more special just because they came from my womb. Ivy, Eva, and Joy are not lifted on a pedestal because they were adopted from China.  Can you imagine the feelings of inadequacies any of these children could have if there were a favorite?  Unfortunately, that is not the case for everyone in my family.  I have 2 children that do favor a particular child each.  Can you guess?  They each have one sibling that they adore just a tad bit more than the others.  One favors a sibling because (I think) that child has a personality that matches theirs.  The other one favors a child because that child really likes him/her.  But, I know with time, they will come to understand that we do not love a child more than another...one day when they have their own.

2 kind words:

Vicky

What a sweet sweet post! Love this picture!

Football and Fried Rice

Shoot! Now you have me wondering who likes who the best!? Lol!

It has been really easy (thank the Lord!) for us to graft Mya in - and not play favorites. I imagined it to be a very fragile situation always and was pleasantly surprised by the ease with which we are all just "one" - and how they are all my favorites!

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP