Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

7.11.2011

Floors Are In

After repairing the back door and replacing the rotting wood, we finally got our floor down the day before we went out of town.  It is really hard to get used to a dark wood floor, since I've had white vinyl for the last 10 years.  But, I really like it a lot.


I like the contrast of the darker wood against the medium wood cabinets.  The wood is a 5-inch, hand-scraped hickory.  Definitely not what I'm used to.


Tomorrow morning the counters and sink will be installed.  Our water hook-up won't happen until Wednesday (hopefully).  We had it all planned so that it would be finished right after we returned home from our trip to Illinois, but it didn't go as we expected.

FYI to our family in Illinois...all went well on our trip home.  We had planned on leaving for home on Monday morning, but we had discussed the idea of driving through the night.  When I mentioned it to the boys, they were all excited.  So, after dinner on Sunday, we left Illinois at around 7:30 pm, EST.  Mike did amazingly well.  I tried driving a bit, but had to turn it back over to Mike after my eyes started crossing at about 3:00 am.  We arrived home at 9:05 am this morning and took a short nap.  All the kids did great.  We even had Moxie with us.

One thing about me and vacations...I end up eating something with gluten in it at some time or another.  I should know better.  Some things effect me worse than others.  I can eat a half piece of pizza with no problems, but give me some noodles, and I'm a mess.  Most people have an intestinal issue with gluten products.  I, on the other hand, have a skin issue.  This is the worst it has been in a long time.  If you are squeamish, don't look.  My hand looks horrible, and it hurts even more.


My hands are swollen, cracked, and blistered.  And this is on day 4 AFTER I ate the Chinese noodles from Panda Express.  I really did not think 3 bites would hurt me this badly.  Hopefully, in a few days, the swelling will go down.  It is hard to wash dishes, bathe my children or even myself when my hands are like this.  I end up with band aids and ointment all over my fingers just to stop the burning.  Lesson learned.

6 kind words:

Adrian Roberta

Cheri, I love following your reno! The floors are beautiful, we put dark ones in our bedroom, and we so love it!

Hope your hands are doing beter today.....*ouch*

~Roberta
Z Group

Naomi

Oh your poor hands Cheri!!! I will pray for the Lord to heal them quickly. It is amazing how certain foods can really affect us. Oh and I love the floors!!! Some day we shall come over your way and get to walk upon them in person!!

love to you all,

Naomi

Sarah

The floor looks beautiful...so sorry about your hands. Our son, Adam, had serious skin issues when he was little. I know that it's no fun!! Thankfully, most of Adam's issues are gone now (he just get REALLY dry hands in the winter).

Blessings,
Sarah

Judi

So sorry about your hands - I guess the kids need to wash the dishes! :)
The floor is beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kristi

love your new flooring! eek - your hand looks super sore...hope it starts to heal soon!

Unknown

Oh, your poor hands! How awful. Just awful. So sorry.

Your floors look fabulous, though! I bet you're so excited to be nearing the end of your remodel.

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP