Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

10.24.2014

The Rocks

Not the rocks you are probably thinking of....


Our friends from Illinois came for a visit and it rained almost every day.  So, we ended up at a rock wall one afternoon.  The good thing...we are home-schoolers and had the whole place to ourselves.  Nice.  I wasn't sure if Joy would be able to do much climbing with her little hand...but as usual, she proved herself with an inverted wall.




The place was pretty large, and I think the kids had a good time even though their arms and legs were noodles by the time we left.  Eva had a hard time, initially.  She just could not bring herself to let go and repel down the wall.  Instead, she wanted to climb down.  After 30 minutes and a lot of tears, she made it.  After a bit, I took her around the corner and practiced short repels with her.  Eventually, she made it to the top.  She wasn't going to let that wall get the best of her!


Our Gang

I loved this sign at the rock wall.


Onto soccer.  Jack has his last game tomorrow.  Ivy and Eva finished last week.  As much as I love watching my kids play soccer, I am looking forward to the break.  Between, piano, violin, 2 soccer leagues, co-op, schooling, and a traveling husband, I was running out of steam.

Funny picture with Jack in the middle.


Speaking of soccer...my handsome husband was traveling to New York last month.  Upon entering his hotel lobby, he spotted the US Women's soccer team.  He didn't hesitate to have his picture snapped with best and prettiest player, Alex Morgan.


He and his co-worker ended up going to the stadium to watch them play that night...while I was home in Virginia taking my kids to soccer, cooking dinner, washing dishes, washing clothes, cleaning house..............

He met Kirk Cameron on a flight once, but didn't get his picture taken with him.  Just an observation. I probably would have.

3 kind words:

Vicky

I love the rock wall photos! Aren't are kids amazing? What they accomplish goes beyond my wildest imagination! I would have wanted my photo with Kirk Cameron too!

Judi

Your kiddos are braver than I am! They look like they had a blast! Love their determination! And, yeah, I would have wanted a pic of Kirk Cameron as well! :)

Anonymous

Cheri! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm catching up on your posts. The rock wall looks fantastic, how perfect to have it empty during the day. Your comment about Joy's hand--my kids and I have watched Amazing Race for years. This season, Bethany Hamilton and her husband are contestants. She's the surfer who lost her arm at age 13 to a shark in Hawaii. She's a Christian. She's always been a great athlete, and having just one arm has not slowed her down one bit on Race. Last week, one member of each team had to rappel; I figured her husband would do that challenge, but SHE did it, and I believe she did it faster than the other person who was rappelling at the same time. Sometimes the show can be trashy, but I haven't noticed it at all this season. You might check it out--not so much because of Joy's hand, but because Bethany is a wonderful inspiration to girls and women everywhere on overcoming obstacles in life while fixing your eyes on Jesus. She also wrote an easy-to-read autobiography that is geared toward a younger audience (jr. high or less, perhaps?), and there's the movie Soul Surfer based on her surfing/loss of arm/recovery. -- :) Kristine

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP