Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

10.06.2009

Fall, Soccer, and a Birthday

I really enjoy the fall weather and the fact that we can go outside without sweating.  Eva and Joy are big sweaters and their hair gets plastered to their foreheads when the humidity is high.  The last few weeks have been so pleasurable, having the windows open and the children outside playing.  Just like Seth and Jack did when they were younger, Eva and Joy love taking truck rides around our property.  We don't have much land, just over 3 acres, but we have a long driveway and can get up to 3rd gear.  So, I love the pics of the kiddos in the back of the truck with Millie, our dog, heading around the driveway.  What fun!

IMG_5623

IMG_5620

Poor Millie got thrown around one too many times and had to get out.  She enjoys chasing the truck anyway.

We did our yearly brush burn.  Who knows what is in that pile?  For some reason, Jack is always fascinated with the big fire and messes around with it for days trying to get it to burn again.

IMG_5627

Seth's team is doing great in soccer.  They are undefeated in their division.  Seth has scored about 5 goals.  Last night I enjoyed one of his games.  I'm usually having to be at Jack's games, but Monday Jack was off.

IMG_5650

IMG_5630

IMG_5647

IMG_5651

I like this picture because you can see all the gnats swarming around at this field.  They were everywhere.

Then, of course, Eva and Joy had a good time as always.  The hillside we were sitting on had a nice dirt hole.  They dug and carried dirt everywhere.  By the time the game was over they had a golden look all over them.  I had to pat them down before getting into the car.  They were one big dirtball, but had fun.  I only made them stop throwing the dirt!  Once Joy had dirt in a cup, put it up to her mouth, proceeded to get dust in her eyes.  What was she thinking?  She didn't do that again.

IMG_5655

Sweet Ivy Xue turns 7 this weekend.  We are sending a package to her, but know it will not arrive on time.  I still need to get some photos in her album so she can get used to the idea of a family.  I hope she thinks we look normal.  She may have concerns about Seth and Jack, though.  Joy is kind of iffy.

IMG_5657

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP