Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

9.07.2007

Days 10 & 11 Guangzhou 2007

Nothing new to report.  We are continuing to  see so much progress in Joy.  It is hard to believe that a week ago, I was so distraught over Joy's condition and behavior.  God is so good to us.  

On Thursday, we decided to go to the Friendship Store.  Now, I had no idea what it was, but I thought it sounded nice and quaint.  Well, we were all disappointed to find a large, overpriced mall at the end of our taxi ride.  Everyone knows that I'm not a shopper.  I think we walked around briefly, then just started walking away from the mall.  It was an interesting area.  We kept walking and I noticed that we started seeing less taxis and the streets started getting narrower.  I have to admit I got a little nervous and said a short prayer for a taxi to come along.  Sure enough, God heard another cry for help, and we made it back to our hotel.  Later that night, our guide took us for Dim Sum at the park.  It was very nice, but too much fried food.
Today Joy decided 5:00 a.m. was a good time to wake up.  I had not slept too well and I was feeling light-headed.  Joy played quietly on the bed for a bit, took about 6 ounces of formula and fell asleep on my pillow until about 7:30.  I really didn't want to get up at all, but Joy really needs to eat some solid food.  She eats congee and bananas for breakfast.  Joy seems to like that pretty much.  Eva loved congee and watermelon.  Actually, Eva has really been enjoying her large breakfast here.  Joy doesn't have the love for food like Eva does.  She probably only takes 3 bottles a day, each bottle being only 4-6 ounces.  For lunch she does eat rice cereal and really loves that.

After dinner tonight, we ran into another couple from our group that just arrived at the hotel with their little boy.  We head for our medicals in the morning.  I'm curious how much our little squirt weighs.  She seems so tiny.  Smaller than Eva, but maybe I've just forgotten how tiny she was last year.  I think at her medical in Guangzhou last year, Eva weighed 15.5 pounds.  She probably put a pound or two on the 9 days prior to the medical.

 Jack is a bit restless..can you tell?

0 kind words:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP