Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Family

Family
Welcome to my family blog. I have been married to Mike for over half of my life. I love my Savior, Jesus. I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to six terrific, interesting children. My 3 oldest were born to me in my younger years, while my 3 youngest were given to me by God in my older years. I am very blessed. ~Cheri

1.27.2014

Countdowns

It seems like my life has been full of countdowns.  I don't know why I look at it that way, but I am always anticipating some sort of "event" in my life.  My first real countdown didn't start with my wedding (just because we didn't have one).  Instead it was counting down the months and days until I met my first child, Jordan.  I'm so glad she was born a week early...

Since then I've counted down other due dates, vacations, adoptions, school breaks, and more vacations.  Now, I am in the process of counting down another big event.  My daughter's wedding.  Since we have just a day under six months left until the big day, we've been making some plans and decisions.  And, it is really starting to sink in.  When she left home, it was easy to believe that she would be back home in four years.  But now that she has a husband, the story has changed.  She has moved from our family to her own family.  And, one day she, too, will experience all the wonderful joys of being a mom. 


I'm not gonna lie.  I've been a little teary-eyed about it all.  I was secretly hoping she wouldn't make me go through with a wedding.  I don't like to cry in front of people.  I don't like to cry anywhere.


So, I'm counting down five months and twenty-nine days until the wedding.  Or until I cry in front of everyone.

6 kind words:

Vicky

I cannot wait to see Jordan's wedding pictures. She will be such a beautiful bride. Bless you, I hope the tears won't be to bad that day.

Eva

Aw, how exciting. No doubt your beautiful daughter will make a beautiful bride. I'm sure you will not be the only one in tears.

Let the countdown to the tears begin!

Wendy in OH

Can't wait! You will do fine my friend.

Sarah

Been thinking of you, Cheri. Bless you!!

Anne Krause

Oh boy, that's going to be tough. I know how you feel, especially with daughters. Here's to hoping you make it through the ceremony in one piece! Then you can give me some advice for down the road................

Judi

Try to enjoy it! I've been through it three times, once as mother of the groom and twice as mother of the bride. It is more exhausting to be mother of the bride, but also more fun because you get to be more involved. And, yes, I cried. If you are having a slide show, watch it many times before the ceremony. That helped with the tears during that part!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP